First recipe post in 2016! Let's start off with a delicious pound cake! The secret of this pound cake is the cardamom, just a little bit, but it made all the difference!
1.5 Cups Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
3 Cups All-purpose Flour
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Cream of Tartar
1/4 Tsp Ground Cardamom
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F.
2. Whisk salt, cream of tartar, flour, cardamom in a medium bowl
3. Cream the butter until light and fluffy.
4. Add in sugar, beat until light and creamy.
5. Add eggs, 1 at a time, blend between addition.
6. Beat in cream and vanilla extract, mix well.
7. Add the dry ingredient in 3 parts, mix well.
8. Bake cake, until top is golden brown, around 70-80 mins.
9. Share with friends ^^